Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
Fort Cross Old Fashioned Adventures
$15 to $25
$25 per child aged 4 to 17 $15 per adult aged 18 and over
From the Rancheros to the 49ers, discover the beginnings of California! Bring home treasures!
– Native Village: building a Wikkiup, grinding corn and insight into local native history
– Adobe Brick Making: with an overview of the Californian missions
– Gold Panning and sluicing: find out how to identify real gold and learn the miner’s panning technique
– Music & Hoedown: Folk dance with jug band participation
– Making ropes and sets of ropes: simple mechanisms, string and a little elbow grease are enough to make a rope! Then we’ll prepare to be cowboys by learning to lasso! And then we’ll see who can win a game of tug of war
– Mountain Man Camp: Visit the solitary camp with the lean-to shelter and help identify the different furs and skins
– Children’s Zoo: Come and see some of the animals that were needed on the farm. There are also a few animals that you wouldn’t find on a farm our mountaineer traded!
– The gift shop will be open!
Things to bring:
Closed toe shoes
Lots of water
Money for the gift shop
The spirit of adventure!
This is an educational and fun excursion for children of all ages, as well as adults!
Open Enrollment Price:
(no minimum group requirement)
$25 per child from 4 to 17 years old
$15 per adult 18 and over
Children 3 and under are free to accompany a paying adult
If you have a group of 25 or more students and would like to schedule your own day for an excursion of your choice at a lower rate, please contact us!