PatchXR announces the release of PatchWorld for Meta Quest 2. PatchWorld is an unprecedented VR toolkit for exploring musical experiences, building original and whimsical instruments, and performing live shows in total immersion.
READ ALSO: Meta Quest VR headsets: Facebook is no longer necessary, but requires the creation of a “meta account”
Play and explore fantastic musical worlds, even without prior musical experience – then get involved and remix to create your own. Join an underwater reggae jam, blast hard techno beats or create polyrhythms from the rain. Build your own responsive scenes and sound playgrounds – fully immersive, native to Meta Quest 2.
EXPLORE musical experiences, stories, shows, virtual studios, interactive tutorials, and a growing library of instruments created by artists around the world.
CREATE your own musical worlds and instruments and record music videos and musicverse shows.
TO SHARE your creations with the world using built-in video recording – plus a series of updates to come.
PatchWorld combines a fun interface with production-quality sound so everyone gets a full and rich music experience. Want to explore music in an imaginative VR dream world? Discover the interactive worlds. Want to stock your VR studio with your favorite techno instruments? You can do that too.
Features at launch:
- 3 unique ready-to-play (“EP”) worlds to explore or remix and create your own
- Custom world creation with block-based creation
- Over 30 instruments (more coming soon)
- Novelty sound toys like rubber duckies, beer bottles, skulls, frying pans, and more.
- Powerful studio-quality tools, including recreations of acid synthesizers, vintage drum machines, loopers and chord synths – some created by our community patchers
- Physics-based playable sounds based on wind, rain, marbles, gravity, etc.
- Use the mic to record samples or sing along
- Jam with built-in groups and characters
- Customize your avatar
- 3D spatial audio and stereo mixing
- Record live performances in VR
And more to come soon:
- More worlds, more instruments, more visuals – with new releases weekly
- Publish your creations to share them with your friends
- Multiplayer concert halls to jam, learn and party
- Custom edited content and PatchMaker to create your own devices
- MIDI and OSC support
- …and more customization and creation features
We are building a universe of music makers who can exchange and explore each other’s instruments, worlds and unimaginable variety of creations. This community growth is already underway with artists and inventors testing pre-release versions, as well as a series of Patchathons at major international gaming festivals over the past two years.
Availability and prices
PatchWorld is immediately available July 7 for Meta Quest 2 headsets through the Oculus Store. (Quest 2 required; quest not supported.)
RELATED: Meta’s Oculus Quest 2 is 2021’s Best-Selling VR Headset; XR Market Growth Soars
ⓒ 2022 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.