A new original series on Beatles legend Paul McCartney finally has a UK release date.
The six-part series, McCartney 3, 2, 1, presents a “rare” and “in-depth” interview with McCartney, in which he discusses his career with The Beatles and Wings, as well as his solo work.
It will be released on Disney No longer on August 25, 2021. The show, which aired in the US on Hulu, sees the music producer Rick rubin interview McCartney through six episodes.
Directed by the creators of Endeavor Content, Disney Plus said the Star Original series “explores music and creativity in a unique and revealing way” and will be “an intimate conversation about songwriting, influences and personal relationships that have informed the iconic songs that have served as the soundtracks of our lives ”.
Last year, McCartney said footage from a new Beatles documentary, Return, from the lord of the rings director Peter Jackson, will prove he was not to blame for the Beatles’ split.
Talk to Sunday Times Last fall, McCartney said, “The proof is in the pictures. I embraced the dark side of the Beatles’ breakup and thought, “Oh my God, I’m to blame. I knew I wasn’t, but it’s easy when the weather is like that to start to think so.
“But in the back of my mind, there was still this idea that it wasn’t like that, but I needed to see proof of it,” he said.